NEW 2015 RESOURCES
Careers in Health and Medicine Theme Page
Here are a number of links to Internet sites which contain information and/or other links related to the specific theme of Careers in Health and Medicine.Please read our disclaimer.
1998-99 Occupational Outlook Handbook: Professional and Technical
- While the Occupational Outlook Handbook information is compiled by the
U.S. Department of Labor and is specific to the United States, much is generalizable
to Canada. Scroll down this page to find links to about 25 health related
California Occupational Guides
- The California Occupational Guides is a series of about 300 information
sheets covering individual occupations or groups of related occupations. They
provide information about job duties, working conditions, employment outlook,
wages, benefits, entrance requirements, and training. The above button links
to an alphabetical search engine, or you can get faster access into their
medical occupations by going to their Occupational
Guides By Interest Area and scrolling down to Interest Area 13.
- Occupational information provided by the Counselling Service of the University
of Manitoba. Check out their links to chiropractic, dentistry, medicine, nursing,
physiotherapy, and pyschology.
Career Resource Centre
- For students interested in entering a health care field, this ThinkQuest
98 award winning site provides information in the following topics: the history
of medical careers; medical career responsibilities, skills, environment,
and salaries; and education requirements.
Healthcare Salaries Survey
- A metalist of links to salary information in health care professions compiled
by Job Smart.
Health Related Careers
- Descriptions of about 40 career opportunities in the health sciences, including
a description of the job, salary information, and training necessary for this
Health Related Fields
- The following links are to web resources dedicated to a specific health
related field. Be sure to check out the "general" resources listed above as
Note: The sites listed above will serve as a source of curricular content in Health/Medicine Careers. For other resources in Career Studies (e.g., curricular content, lesson plans, and theme pages), click the "previous screen" button below. Or, click here if you wish to return directly to the CLN menu which will give you access to educational resources in all of our subjects.