NEW 2015 RESOURCES
Electronics (Circuitry) Theme Page
Below are the CLN "Theme Pages" which support the study of electricity and electronics CLN's theme pages are collections of useful Internet educational resources within a narrow curricular topic and contain links to two types of information. Students and teachers will find curricular resources (information, content...) to help them learn about this topic. In addition, there are links to instructional materials (lesson plans) which will help teachers provide instruction in this theme.
(Concepts) Theme Page
General Electronics (Circuitry) Resources
Here are a number of links to other Internet resources which contain information and/or other links related to Electronics. Please read our disclaimer.
- Electronics author John Adams aims this site at those who seek basic electronics
knowledge with minimal theory.
- More than 60 electronic circuit designs for hobbyist or student. Most circuits
can be built with common components purchased locally. Also, the site has
links to other hobby electronic sites and electronic related software.
An Online Guide For Beginners
- Basic concepts of electronic theory are introduced. The site introduces
breadboard, soldering, discusses series and parallel circuits, and provides
schematic diagrams for various electronic projects.
to Become An Antenna Guru
- A page describing what an antenna is in terms of its transmission line,
impedance, radiation pattern, polarization and arrays. The author includes
many illustrations along with descriptions.
- A collection of tutorials for the beginner, intermediate and advanced learner.
Information includes basic concepts and components, determining resistor values
by reading its colour codes, using breadboards, Ohm's Law, LEDs, transistors
- A tutorial that teaches you how to connect anything electronic to your
PC using common interfaces such as the Serial and Parallel Ports.
Guide to Electronics
- The author of this site states it is designed for beginners. Some of the
content includes basic topics like: Circuits, Voltage, Current, Resistance,
Ohm's Law, Ohm's Calculations and much more.
- Lucent Technologies, which used to be AT&T Bell Labs, hosts this site about the development of the transistor and how it works.
Engdahl's Electronics Info Page
- A meta-list of electronic related sites. The author has an organized, comprehensive
list of links to electronic and PC hardware, many supporting documents and
a few dozen circuit schematics.
Note: The sites listed above will serve as a source of curricular content in Electronics (Circuitry). For other resources in Science (e.g., curricular content in Earth Science, General Science, Life Science, or Physical Science), or for lesson plans and theme pages, click the "previous screen" button below. Or, click here if you wish to return directly to the CLN menu which will give you access to educational resources in all of our subjects.